We help athletes overcome injuries and reach their goals
The experienced sports medicine staff at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Plano can help you get back in the game when an injury forces you to the sidelines.
The team of sports medicine clinicians on our medical staff in Plano can help:
- Reduce pain from sports or overuse injuries
- Repair ligament, cartilage or tendon injuries sustained in football, soccer, hockey, baseball, golf, tennis or other sports
- Repair trauma/fractures, such as broken limbs, collarbones or kneecaps
- Teach injury-prevention strategies
Whether you need to be able to throw, jump, lift, run, swing or swim, Baylor Scott & White – Plano has experience working with athletes at the high school, college, semi-pro and professional levels and a wide variety of sports and orthopedic injuries
When you choose the orthopedic experts near you in Plano, all of your sports medicine and orthopedic needs are addressed under one roof.
Sports injuries and conditions treated in Plano
The goal of the orthopedics and sports medicine services at Baylor Scott & White – Plano is to prevent pain and injury whenever possible. Our injury prevention programs illustrate how medical professionals, athletes and athletic professionals can work together to play it safe.
Our experienced sports medicine team treats:
- Acromioclavicular (AC) joint/Shoulder separation
- Dislocated shoulder
- SLAP tears (injured labrum)
- Rotator cuff tendinitis or tears
- Biceps tendon ruptures
- Ulnar collateral ligament sprains or tears ("Tommy John" surgery)
- Lateral epicondylitis ("tennis elbow")
- Medial epicondylitis ("golfer's elbow")
Dolor de cadera
- Hip arthroscopy to diagnose or treat the source of pain
- Hip dislocations
Dolor de rodilla
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) repair
- Meniscus cartilage repair
- Knee arthroscopy to diagnose or "clean up" problems
- Cartilage resurfacing to "fill in" cartilage and prolong the life of the knee
- Knee cartilage transplants
Dolor en el tobillo y los pies
- Ankle instability
- Achilles tendinitis or ruptures
- Stress fractures
Life was not meant to be a spectator sport
In some cases, the expertise of a total joint replacement team may be required. In other cases, general orthopedic surgeons, such as hand or foot and ankle specialists may be consulted.
Call us today at 1.844.BSW.DOCS (1.844.279.3627) or get a referral to an orthopedic specialist on the medical staff at Baylor Scott & White – Plano.