To become a patient at our North Texas Alcohol Liver Disease Clinic, you must have a physician or clinical advocate. Before your full evaluation at the clinic, you’ll be assessed by a hepatologist (liver doctor), who may recommend you for our program.
Please give us a call to learn more information about the referral process.
Llamar a 214.820. 2050
After your hepatology assessment, our team will perform a complete work-up. This extensive evaluation of your alcohol-liver condition assesses your physical health, mental health, social support and other factors, including:
- Medical exam and assessment of physical anatomy
- Medical history and current conditions
- History of alcohol and substance abuse
- Family history
- Personality traits
- Neurocognitive issues
- Mental health history and current conditions
- Social factors, such as education, employment and support
- Financial and legal considerations
- Lifestyle factors, such as diet and exercise
After your evaluation, our team will work together to recommend a treatment plan for you. A committee of multiple specialists at our local Alcohol Liver Disease Clinic meets to discuss your case and will decide if you are a candidate for a liver transplant.
If you are selected for a transplant, we’ll help care for you while you wait for your new liver. You’ll have biweekly or monthly check-ins to monitor symptoms and support sobriety.
After a liver transplant, our team is here to help you stay well. We provide ongoing post-transplant care services, including:
- Continued psychosocial care
- Relapse prevention and management
- Routine bloodwork
- Checkups with your care team