The Comprehensive Headache Center provides diagnosis and treatment options for people who experience severe or recurring headaches. We offer many different avenues for treating headache conditions, including behavioral therapy, nerve blocks, as well as an Infusion Center for special IV medications.
The Headache Center may especially benefit individuals that:
- Have a history of seeking medical care for headaches without an effective solution.
- Consistently use over the counter medication to treat headaches.
- Do not have a clear diagnosis of the exact type of headache condition they may have.
- Go to an Emergency Department or hospital frequently for severe headaches.
- Repeatedly had to be treated with IV and/or intramuscular medications.
Types of Headaches Treated
Having a clear diagnosis of the type of headache condition is essential to forming an effective, personalized treatment plan.
- Chronic Daily Headache
- Exertional Headache
- Hemicrania Continua and Paroxysmal Hemicrania
- Hemiplegic Migraine
- Medication Overuse Headache
- Menstrual Headache
- Migraines with and without Aura
- Post Traumatic Headache
- Pressure Headache
- Tension-type Headache
Once a proper diagnosis is made, for many people, outpatient headache management is achieved through medications designed to stop headaches before they start or relieve headaches if they do occur.
- Some patients may need injections such as Botox or nerve blocks, or IV medications available through our comfortable Infusion Center.
- We also offer interdisciplinary behavioral therapy to help patients find ways to address headaches through dietary planning, physical therapy, massage, biofeedback training and non-traditional treatments.
- For patients with the most serious headache conditions, we also have a dedicated inpatient treatment program.