Volunteer Program is currently on hold
Thank you for your interest in our volunteer initiatives. Please be aware that, due to the COVID-19 crisis, our programs for adult, college and junior volunteers have all been suspended until further notice. When our system determines it is safe to resume, we will update this notice and proceed with reviewing any applications that have been submitted. Volunteer service is incredibly valuable to our facility, and we look forward to reopening the program when able.
Adult Volunteer Benefits and Requirements
Minimum Hour Requirements
Typical volunteer shifts are 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Volunteers are required to commit to 100 hours of service per calendar year.
Dress Code (no exceptions)
- Baylor Scott & White Hillcrest volunteer jacket (provided)
- Khaki or white pants or skirts
(no jeans, no leggings, no capris)
- No perfume or scented lotions
- White shirt or blouse
- Close-toed shoes
- Complimentary background check, drug screening and vaccinations
- Yearly flu shots
- Volunteer jacket/vest
- Hour recognition pins
- Complimentary $4 meal voucher for each four-hour shift
- Free parking
- 30% gift shop discount
- Free coffee and tea in cafeteria
- Volunteer appreciation dinner for volunteer and one guest
- Christmas luncheon
Adult Application Process
Mail a completed
adult volunteer application form to:
Volunteer Services Office
Attn: Rhonda Luker
100 Hillcrest Medical Blvd.
Waco, Texas 76712
Required Screenings (Only if selected)
- Background check
- Drug screening (will be discussed with employee health nurse)
Note: Baylor Scott & White - Hillcrest is a tobacco-free campus. All onboarding employees and volunteers must be nicotine-free
- TB test
- Hepatitis B series
- Tdap - one dose
- Varicella (chickenpox) - not required if you have documentation of having had chickenpox
- MMR - not required if you were born prior to 1957.
All volunteers are required to attend a one-hour orientation prior to service.