Expertise in open-heart surgery, robotic cardiac surgery and minimally invasive heart surgery
Cardiothoracic surgeons are doctors who operate on the heart, lungs, esophagus, diaphragm, blood vessels and other organs in the chest. The cardiothoracic surgeons on the medical staff at Baylor Scott & White The Heart Hospital – Plano combine experience, surgical skill and advanced facilities with a team-based, compassionate approach to deliver patient-centered care.
We provide the proper approach designed for you, from diagnosis to cardiothoracic surgery to after-care, including cardiac rehabilitation when necessary. The highly skilled specialists on the medical staff at our heart hospital in Plano have extensive experience in heart and chest surgery, with surgeons that are board-certified in thoracic surgery, general surgery and surgical critical care.
Baylor Scott & White The Heart Hospital – Plano has earned a distinguished 3-star rating from The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) for its patient care and outcomes in four categories: aortic valve replacement surgery (AVR), AVR plus CABG surgery, Mitral Valve Repair and Replacement (MVRR) and Coronary Artery Bypass Grating (CABG). The 3-star rating, which is one of the most sophisticated and highly regarded overall measures of quality in healthcare, places Baylor Scott & White The Heart Hospital – Plano among the most elite for cardiac surgery in the United States and Canada.
Heart conditions we treat
Cardiothoracic surgeons are doctors who operate on the heart, lungs, esophagus, diaphragm, blood vessels and other organs in the chest.
- Aneurysms (abdominal aortic and thoracic aortic aneurysms)
- Congenital heart disorders
- Enfermedad de la arteria coronaria
- Cáncer de esófago
- Gastroesophageal reflux and other disorders
- Insuficiencia cardiaca
- Heart rhythm disorders
- Heart valve disorders
- Cáncer de pulmón
- Tumors of the chest wall, chest and mediastinum
Our cardiothoracic surgery treatments
- Adult congenital heart surgery
- Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery, including:
- Traditional surgery
- Robotic minimally invasive direct coronary artery bypass (MIDCAB)
- Thoracoscopic CABG surgery
- Major aortic surgery and endovascular aortic surgery, including aortic dissection, traumatic aortic rupture and thoracic aortic aneurysm treatment
- Radiofrequency ablation of lung cancers
- Thoracic surgery for lung cancers, esophageal cancer and chest injury repair
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Heart valve surgery, including:
- Minimally invasive aortic valve replacement
- Port access mitral valve repair
- Robotic approaches
- Ventricular assist device implantation, including:
- Destination therapy
- Ventricular assist device (VAD)