Home of healthy hearts
If you have a heart condition or potential conditions affecting the heart and vascular system, you can find personalized care at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Lake Pointe. We strive to provide high quality heart care here in Rowlett for each person, because we know that every patient is different. Our focus is on using our wide range of resources effectively to give you the straightforward heart and vascular care you expect and deserve.
We offer comprehensive invasive and noninvasive diagnostic, interventional and rehabilitation services. Our multidisciplinary Rowlett heart care staff understands the importance of providing accurate diagnosis, effective treatments and the right skills to manage heart and vascular disease, so you can get back to living life to its fullest potential.
Common heart condition symptoms
Whether you’ve started experiencing symptoms, such as heart palpitations, shortness of breath or weakness, or have lived with them for a while, it’s a good time have your heart health evaluated. Our resources help you know the signs, risk factors and treatment options.
Download your free guide on atrial fibrillation (A Fib), heart valve disease and heart failure to learn what you need to know about keeping your heart healthy. Because when hearts get Better, it’s a thing of beauty.
Heart treatment options in Rowlett
A cardiologist is a physician who specializes in medical problems related to the heart, and the cardiologists on the medical staff here in Rowlett provide a number of services for heart and vascular conditions.
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Lake Pointe’s cardiovascular services are managed by Baylor Scott & White The Heart Hospital – Plano, Joint Ownership with Physicians, ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the top-performing hospitals in the nation in Cardiology and Heart Surgery. Patients from Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Lake Pointe requiring open-heart or robotic surgery can be transferred seamlessly to Baylor Scott & White The Heart Hospital – Plano.
Learn how you can get your heart back to pumping the way it should though lifestyle changes and controlling conditions that may put you at risk.
Lab testing and monitoring
After consulting with your providers, you may be a candidate for treatments to improve your heart functioning. Some tests and treatment options include:
- Echocardiography lab—a test that uses sound waves to create a moving picture of the heart
- EKG/Stress lab—a test to see the effect of exercise on the heart where the electrical activity of the heart is measured
- Cardiac catheterization lab—a procedure when a slender tube (catheter) is inserted and guided through the arteries into the heart, and a dye is injected and observed as it flows through the arteries, allowing cardiologists to see the amount of flow that is allowed within the arteries
- Vascular imaging—conducted to create dynamic visual images of organ vasculature and blood flow through the use of high frequency sound waves
- Radial artery catheterization—a less-invasive technique, the radial artery approach allows a cardiologist to insert the catheter through the radial artery in the wrist instead of through the femoral artery in the leg for the dye to be injected and observed to identify diseased arteries