ERAS is a pathway that improves recovery after surgery
ERAS is a team approach, and you (the patient) are a big part of the team! That means there are things on the pathway your healthcare team will do and also things you will do.
The pathway starts before you come in for surgery. It continues while you are in the hospital and after you go home. Your healthcare team will guide you along the way.
Enhanced Recovery After Surgery is based on research and has been shown to:
- Lower the chance of problems after surgery
- Lower the need for opioids (narcotics) to manage pain
- Shorten recovery time
- Allow patients to go home faster
Patient education materials
Our patient education materials provide details on:
- Your condition
- The procedure and equipment that will be used during your surgery
- Steps to take to prepare for your surgery
- What you can expect after your surgery and during recovery
Our patient education materials
Have questions about Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS)?
We're here to help. Use this form to submit your questions.