Compassionate care for couples having difficulty conceiving due to infertility
Infertility is the inability to get pregnant or conceive, typically after one year of unprotected sex. There are a number of factors that may contribute to infertility, so visiting a specialist may help.
Factors that may affect fertility include:
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Infertility issues in a prior relationship
- Prior tubal ligation or vasectomy
- Male performance issues
- Prior ruptured appendix
- Prior pelvic inflammatory disease
When should you seek help from a fertility specialist if you have signs of infertility?
- If younger than 35 years old; one year of unprotected intercourse
- 35 – 39 years old; six months of unprotected intercourse
- 40 and older; three months of unprotected intercourse