Volunteer Program is currently on hold
Thank you for your interest in our volunteer initiatives. Please be aware that, due to the COVID-19 crisis, our programs for adult, college and high school volunteers have all been suspended until further notice. When our system determines it is safe to resume, we will update this notice and proceed with reviewing any applications that have been submitted. Volunteer service is incredibly valuable to our facility, and we look forward to reopening the program when able.
The College Experience
Volunteering at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Lakeway is a wonderful way to serve others in a meaningful manner, in addition to becoming exposed to a few career opportunities offered in a healthcare setting. We appreciate your interest in serving the patients at Baylor Scott & White and look forward to working with you on your volunteer journey!
College Volunteers include undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education students. Students who are not taking a full course load and whose schedules do not change by the semester can also volunteer under the Adult Volunteer guidelines. College Volunteer areas and times are assigned on a first come basis.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact us 512.654.5603 or send an email to
Please note: We do not offer a shadow program at this time
Requirements for College Students
- Applicants must be able to commit to volunteering on a weekly basis for a minimum of a once a week 4 hour shift.
- Applicants must be committed to volunteering for the duration of the session. No exceptions!
- Applicants must attend the mandatory orientation session
- Applicants must agree to a background check.
- Applicants will be required to have a drug screening.
- Applicants will be required to have a TB test.
- Applicants must submit, in completion, all required paperwork.
- Provide copy of immunization records.
- Applicants must be willing to abide by the Baylor Scott & White dress code. Uniform will be provided.