Positive results in healing rates and average days to heal
The Comprehensive Wound Center at Baylor Scott & White The Heart Hospital – Denton is dedicated to preserving the function of the lower extremities and offering advanced wound care for patients with diabetes or other conditions.
Our wound center in Denton uses advanced modalities and has a proven record for healing problem wounds. Any wound that has not healed in two weeks or has a complex presentation can benefit from our advanced treatments.
Conditions we treat
A non-healing wound, also called a chronic wound, is a sore that has not started to heal within two weeks. Some of the conditions we treat in our wound center in Denton include:
- Bone infections (osteomyelitis)
- Decubitus or pressure ulcers
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Necrotizing fasciitis
- Peripheral arterial disease and other vascular diseases
- Radiation exposure
- Skin irritations
- Surgery or trauma
- Venous stasis
Wound treatments options
A multidisciplinary team, including hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) therapy and wound specialists, podiatric foot and ankle surgeons, and specialty nurses, works closely with you and your physician to develop the best approach to your wound healing issue. Some of the treatments we provide in our Comprehensive Wound Center in Denton include:
- Comprehensive wound evaluation and an individualized treatment plan
- Compression dressings
- Doppler evaluation and vascular testing
- Hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) therapy
- Limb preservation
- Manufactured (bio-engineered) tissue graft application
- Negative pressure wound therapy (wound vacuum-assisted closure or VAC)
- Transcutaneous oxygen monitoring
- Wound care and debridement
Functional preservation of limbs
Limb preservation specialists on our medical staff combine skill, expertise and advanced technology to assess your situation and tailor an individualized treatment approach. Our multidisciplinary team coordinates with you and your physician to save your limb and to prevent further issues.
Our advanced limb preservation techniques include:
- Minimally invasive vascular procedures, such as balloon angioplasty and stenting
- Limb-sparing with advanced fixation
- Bone transplants and bone graft substitutes
- Bone growing proteins
- Tissue grafting
Comprehensive Wound Center appointment form
Please provide contact information so that we may respond to your request to schedule an appointment at the Comprehensive Wound Center in Denton. One of our nurse navigators will contact you within 24-48 hours.
Please Note: Baylor Scott & White The Heart Hospital – Denton cannot address a medical emergency through this form. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
News and media
The articles below are authored by David Bastawros, DPM.