Advanced treatment options for heart failure
The congestive heart failure specialists on the medical staff at Baylor Scott & White The Heart Hospital – Plano take a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to diagnosing and treating guests with heart failure. Patients receive one-on-one, personalized care provided by staff trained in congestive heart failure treatment and management.
The Congestive Heart Failure Center at our Plano heart hospital provides advanced treatment options for patients with heart failure symptoms who need help managing their condition on a daily basis. The goal is to improve the quality of life for patients facing the day-to-day challenges of heart failure, as well as reducing their hospital readmissions.
Support services for heart failure
The goal of the Congestive Heart Failure Center in Plano is to help you manage the day-to-day challenges of heart failure, learn about heart failure, understand your medications and the importance of regular follow-up appointments.
The Plano heart failure specialists also work closely with you to provide a smooth transition home if you are hospitalized.
- One-on-one consultation to address your specific needs and concerns
- Dietary consultation with a registered dietitian to address appropriate nutritional concerns and weight management
- Social services to help coordinate care and navigate insurance issues
- At-home care guidance
- Pharmacist for medication management
Surgical treatments for heart failure in Plano
As heart failure worsens, lifestyle changes and medicines may no longer control your symptoms. You may need a medical procedure or heart surgery.
For patients requiring surgical treatment, we coordinate with physicians on the medical staff at Baylor Scott & White The Heart Hospital – Plano to provide individualized care. Heart failure treatment includes:
- Pacemakers/Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)
- Biventricular pacemakers
- Ventricular assist devices (VAD)
- Open-heart surgery, such as coronary artery bypass graft (CABG)
- Inotropic therapy
- Robotic heart and valve surgery
- Robotic coronary artery bypass graft (CABG)
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Transcatheter mitral valve repair with MitraClip®
Ventricular assist service program
As heart failure worsens, lifestyle changes and medicines may no longer control your symptoms. You may need a medical procedure or surgery.
For patients with advanced heart failure, the Congestive Heart Failure Center in Plano offers innovative destination treatment, including a Ventricular Assist Device Program certified by the Joint Commission.
Led by a medical director who specializes in the ventricular assist device (VAD) implantation and a clinical staff that provides personalized follow-up outpatient care post-procedure, the VAD program at our heart hospital in Plano is the comprehensive solution for patients in need of this level of advanced heart failure treatment.