Cuidado de espalda y cuello
We integrate experienced orthopedic physicians on the medical staff with advanced technologies and pioneering research to provide innovative solutions for your back and neck pain.
Advanced solutions for back and neck pain
Pie y tobillo
If you’re bothered by foot or ankle pain, see your doctor to help prevent your symptoms from progressing. If you need a physician, foot and ankle specialists on the medical staff can help get your feet on the treatment path that’s right for you. Get ready to move better.
More about foot and ankle pain
Hand and wrist
Your fingers, hands, wrists and elbows are integral in daily living. With them you play music or sports, text your friends, work or hold hands with your loved ones. While many upper extremity conditions can be treated through medication or rest, some may require surgery.
More about hand and wrist pain
Designed to provide comprehensive care for patients who undergo joint replacement, our joint wellness program’s separate unit—with all private rooms—includes a dedicated staff specially trained in orthopedics to deliver your care and a joint wellness coordinator to help meet your needs.
The orthopedic surgeons on the medical staff are skilled at:
- Hip replacement
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Shoulder arthroscopy
Anterior hip replacement
Baylor Scott & White Health Orthopedic surgeons offer posterior hip replacement, as well as the anterior approach. For many people suffering from arthritis, hip pain, stiffness and/or limited hip movement, anterior hip replacement may be an option. It is a minimally invasive technique that offers these benefits:
- It allows the orthopedic surgeon to get to the hip joint from the front of the hip rather than having to cut and then re-attach muscles around the hip as in the conventional approach to hip replacement surgery.
- In the anterior approach, an orthopedic surgeon reaches the hip by working through natural openings between muscles. By not having to cut the muscles, there is usually decreased pain and healing time following anterior hip surgery.
- Patients are allowed to bend their hip freely post-operatively and can bear full weight as soon as comfortable. This usually results in a more rapid return to normal function and reduced hip pain.
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Lake Pointe offers surgical procedures to correct shoulder pain and other conditions of the shoulder, including minimally invasive, all-arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs.
Joint wellness video
Joint wellness video
Patients who complete our joint replacement pre-surgical education class have better outcomes and results during their healing process.
Rehabilitación y Terapia Física
Through our comprehensive and engaging rehabilitation and physical therapies, our goal is to restore healthy function and independence.
Learn about physical therapy and rehabilitation
Whether you’re an athlete or just living a full life, quick movement, body mechanics, overuse, poor posture, or taking a misstep can do an "end-run" on your joints, tendons and ligaments, and sometimes your brain by sustaining a concussion.
Comprehensive care is our game plan for athletes, the active and those with sports-like injuries.
More about sports medicine
- If you are experiencing pain or have aggravated a previous injury, speak to your doctor and find a rehabilitation location convenient for you.
- Learn more about our sports concussion treatment program.
- Orthopedic sports medicine surgeons on the medical staff are skilled at treating and repairing all types of injuries resulting from participating in sports or even injuries that result from everyday life.
Baylor Scott & White SportsCare is designed to meet the unique health needs and challenges of athletes, entire teams and sports organizations at every level.
About sports care